StarBox Technologies is a design company dedicated to quality designs and solutions. We offer services such as; web design, app development, UI UX design, branding and identity design, print designs, video animations, and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Web Developer
Job Location: Remote
Employment Type: Contract
- We do not use page builders (e.g. Elementor), thus, the successful candidates will have strong frontend skills and good experience in custom theme development. This position is fully remote.
Our Technology Stack
Our website solutions are built on WordPress for content management and eCommerce. Our WordPress builds usually include the following technologies/workflows:
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) Pro with custom post-types & taxonomies
- WooCommerce eCommerce platform with Paystack API and Mailchimp integration
- Managed hosting with automated cloud backups
- Custom-developed plugins
Our bespoke website themes are developed with the following tools/technologies/workflows:
- Bootstrap 5 + SCSS
- jQuery + Ajax
- NPM + WPGulp
- Git + Github
What You Will Do
- Creating bespoke, responsive and interactive website themes from approved designs and specifications.
- Build and configure the backend WordPress CMS client experience.
- Create reusable PHP functions for custom themes and plugins, in line with the WordPress Codex guidelines.
- Work with a team of developers, designers and product managers to execute strategies and implement solutions on larger projects.
- Carry out website updates, backups and general maintenance.
- Be able to read, understand and write functional code documentation.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year work experience.
- Good experience implementing functional and object-oriented solutions with PHP.
- Deep knowledge of the WordPress core platform, ecosystem, coding standards and how to extend WordPress correctly with bespoke code.
- Experience with our technology stack especially ACF Pro and building custom blocks with ACF Pro.
- Experience with our preferred workflow including Git version control, NPM and WPGulp.
- Extensive experience creating bespoke WordPress themes and plugins from scratch.
- Experience building e-commerce websites with the WooCommerce framework.
- Ability to carry out rigorous testing, including cross-browser, cross-device, end-to-end workflows.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- Appetite for learning and continuous improvement.
- Confidence in researching your own solutions and being able to justify your decisions.
- You have a reliable laptop/PC and access to fast internet.
Our Hiring Process
We have a 2-part hiring process that includes a test project and then a video interview:
- Test Project: In order to qualify for the position, you will complete a single-page test website project to demonstrate your proficiency with our technology stack. We estimate this to take between 1-2 days to complete, depending on your skill level.
- Interview: The interview is more personal in nature and focuses on behavioural and people skills.
Note: Please note that your application will include a link to at least one WordPress website project you have completed recently using our preferred technology stack outlined previously. Good luck!