Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Web Content Developer collaborates with creative, internal corporate marcomm and Corporate Communications teams to create original, engaging, high quality content in support of the corporate global brand for external audiences on the company web site. Develops, maintains and executes against a quarterly content calendar to keep content current and refreshed. Partners to build and executes against roadmap of updates for designated corporate content on bd.com in collaboration with stakeholders and Digital team. Delivers relevant and effective content based on analytics and best practices, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy, messaging, tone and voice. Writes engaging short and long form copy as appropriate for web, video, and social channels. Copy edits existing content as needed. Contributes to and applies brand writing style and digital standards. Other duties as assigned.
Impact on results
Degree of Accountability – Accountable for output that directly impacts brand perception and reputation. Self-starter requiring minimal task supervision.
Financial Impact – Meets budget and deadline requirements as outlined per project to avoid rush, cancellation and opportunity costs for events, sponsorships and production cycles. Interfaces effectively with web vendors as needed for efficient and optimized output.
Quality Impact – Executes on time and on brief. Minimal rework required. Complies with review and approval processes and policies.
Budget Impact – Does not manage a direct budget.
Scope of responsibility
Generates content and messaging that influences brand awareness, preference and growth for this $18B corporate brand.
Sphere of Influence
Supervision received – Strategic and creative oversight from Creative Director, corporate marketing communications associates
Supervision exercised May occasionally direct freelance or agency copywriters, editors, proofreaders or translators per project
Example of Team Membership – Editorial and content planning teams; Brand event or other cross functional teams for corporate initiatives
Example of Internal Contacts – Digital Marketing team, Marketing and communications associates, Creative Director, Art Director, corporate marketing communications associates, copywriters
Example of External Contacts – Web development agencies, creative and production agencies, video and animation producers, translation vendors, partner organizations
- Creates original and engaging content for company website and other digital channels such as video and social
- Updates and refreshes content when needed and according to established cycles
- Develops and maintains content calendar
- Understands and adjusts for content performance based on analytics
- Contributes to and applies brand writing style, tone and voice
- Copy edits existing content as needed
- Collaborates with other writers, content creators and content owners, both internally and externally to deliver unified and effective results
Education, licenses or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, English, or related field.
Experience, special skills
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in web related marketing and development at an agency, production house, pharmaceutical or medical device company, medical education firm, or in a related field.
- Understanding of writing and content development in regulated environment with ability to follow designated style guides, regulatory and legal requirements. Familiarity with AMA Style, Chicago Manual a plus.
- Understanding of global translation requirements; ability to resolve linguistic barriers to copy for global use
- Advanced knowledge of marketing communications and creative processes, principles and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of PC-based software programs (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office applications); familiarity with Mac environment a plus
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, etc.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including use of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Content strategy
- Attention to detail
- Influence without authority
- Project management
- Acts on and provides clear and actionable feedback on communications deliverables
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ – Franklin Lakes