About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That is what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Designation and Team: Technology Support Engineer, AV – DCX ADE
The Associate Digital Experience (ADE) team manages the Client Services support for the organization. We support a large heterogenous enterprise environment that support Windows, MAC and Linux based end user systems and corporate network, server, and virtualization environments. AV is a part of Client Services team dealing with end-to-end support of AV and Enterprise collaboration platforms.
Outline of Role:
AV team under ADE is looking for experienced and skilled technology support engineer to join our team, primarily focused on administrating and managing the AV infrastructure and support from small, Medium, large, complex, and multi-functional hybrid systems. If you meet our background requirements and are looking to launch your career do not hesitate to reach us. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems and guiding the associates, service and helpdesk team which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role. Coverage includes the follow the sun model of global products/hardware and technology, as well as remote users at other offices and home workers.
1. Work on L2-L3 tickets on enterprise collaboration tools – MS Teams, Zoom, Slack, workplace, OneDrive and related applications.
2. Work on O365 products related support overlapping with AV and collaboration products
3. Diagnose, identify, and resolve the tickets assigned within the SLA.
4. Introduce automation in the services, product, and process to minimize the incoming ticket volume.
5. Assist end users on collaboration tools such as Zoom, MS Teams, Slack, Workplace etc.
6. Identify scope for process and product automation and work with engineering team to develop fixes.
7. Offer seamless support experience for collaboration and AV products to all associates.
8. Interact with peer, next level team for issues unresolved and drive the situation till the closure.
9. You will be responsible for assisting the business in supporting AV related issues, ensure the smooth run of events in the VC rooms, training rooms and townhall events.
10. Supporting and solving meeting rooms issues reported via ticketing tool, telephone, and emails.
11. Talk to business teams gather requirements, plan infrastructure and support
12. Publishing support documentation to assist onsite staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
13. Work with internal teams and external vendors on service requests – Repair and replacements.
14. Interact with the vendors for any hardware related Issues and resolutions, if required as per process raise a ticket with vendors and follow up for completion.
15. To maintain and fine-tune a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
16. Flexible in assisting our associates and business during the planned schedules and weekends if required.
17. Coordinate and manage the onsite engineers deployed at all facilities.
18. Take ownership of user problems and resolve the problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
19. Perform routine health check of the AV equipment’s in all the meeting rooms and take an action accordingly for issues noticed if any.
20. Troubleshooting of AV related problems in VC rooms, meeting rooms, training rooms and cafeteria AV equipment’s.
21. Troubleshoot VC equipment’s both at hardware and software level – Cisco, Poly, Logitech, Crestron etc.
22. Offer superior associate experience and take optimal decisions if need be.
23. Innovate, enhance the AV infrastructure and software products and process as part of continuous improvement.
24. Plan and schedule periodic maintenance of AV equipment’s and video wall through AMC/ vendor partners
Our Ideal Candidate:
1. Skilled professional in AV industry and collaboration tools/platforms
2. 4 to 6 years in supporting a medium or large enterprise environment on AV infra and technology.
3. Good problem-solving abilities, collaborator, flexible to take up multirole.
4. Basic understanding of Windows, MacOS, Networking and AV over IP.
5. Experience in handling enterprise collaboration platforms – Zoom/Slack/MS Teams.
6. Certification or Knowledge on Unified CM Administration is an added advantage.
7. Good understanding of VoIP, Telephony, call manager – Cisco/Avaya is added advantage.
8. AV/Windows and/or ITIL certification is an added advantage.
9. Flexible, customer focused and enthusiastic to learn.
10. Hands on with any of industry standard IT ticket system – Service-now, Salesforce, HPSM etc.
11. Flexible to work in any shift and agility to meet the business requirements.
1. Experience with operations processes, network and customer care operations modeling, network technology and IT technology integration, preferred.
2. Assists end users in general and classroom computer labs, video conference facilities, technology classrooms, and campus events requiring technology support.
3. Participates in end user product testing and evaluation.
4. Demonstrates product functionality and performance for end users.
5. Performs other duties as requested.
Key Performance Indicators / Measures of Success
1. Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time, and cost
2. Ensure stable and well performing system environment.
3. Resolve incidents and service ticket with then SLA and meet the IITL standards.
4. Apply professional competencies to administrate and optimize the assigned system environment.
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.