Who we are
TeamApt is a financial technology company digitising Africa’s real economy by building a financial ecosystem for businesses, providing them with all the payment, banking, credit and business management tools they need to succeed.
What we do
Engineering at TeamApt is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Our infrastructure runs on some of the cool tools that excite infrastructure engineers – kubernetes, docker etc.
We also make business decisions based on the large stream of data we receive daily, so we work daily with big data, perform data analytics and build models to make sense of the noise and give our customers the best experience.
If this excites you, it excites us too and we would love to have you.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our production services. You will be responsible for the stability, integrity, and operation of systems by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing production services while also providing root cause analysis with recommendations for improvements.Some programming and debugging duties will be required in order to develop queries/reports of varying complexity and to troubleshoot and fix programmatic issues.
What you’ll get to do
- Maintain high availability for all assigned critical services and related business impacting services.
- Provide two tier application support to production systems and identify any issue in production.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Work with Level 1 Technical support staff with escalations, knowledge transfer, training, and mentoring.
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions
- Ensure and enforce agreed application best practices, analyze systems to meet regulatory compliance.
- Manage team ticket queue and resolve in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain accurate technical, software operations and support related documentation.
- Constantly gather information, research, and scope systems for complex issues, enhancement, and continual service improvement.
- Work with system/database administrators and development team to resolve issues.
- Work with software vendor to have application issues fixed, both short term and long term (root cause),
- Troubleshoot errors and application issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods,
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting software applications.
- Basic Understanding of OOP concepts and other programming concepts.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot advanced technical issues.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- In depth knowledge of SQL databases particularly MYSQL.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance,, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
What to expect in the hiring process
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile via our career website.
TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.