Full Job Description
We’re looking for a Customer Support Level 1 team member to serve as first point of contact for customer queries. You will gather information from our technical teams and communicate findings and resolutions directly to the customer via phone, email, and chat. This role shares knowledge with colleagues to help deliver exceptional customer service and improve service levels.
A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
We are looking for teammates who want to be part of the tech movement. People who want to progress their career now and gain experience for tomorrow. We celebrate diversity in every way. In fact, it’s the reason we’ve grown so fast. If you like being part of a global team are passionate about technology and creative problem solving, and want to leave a mark bigger than yourself, we should talk.
The MS Consumer team, also known as the Modern Life, Gaming and Customer Service (MLGCS) team, provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer experience service and technical support to Microsoft end users. You’ll learn top-tier Microsoft products including Office, Windows, Skype, and Teams, collaborating with your teammates as part of a cluster to support and learn from each other. Each cluster works together to provide a great customer support experience.
This role will:
- Serve as single point of contact for customers, gathering information needed to resolve cases, setting expectations, and delivering guidance on resolutions while a technical team works to resolve critical system issues.
- Assign appropriate severity level, category, priority, and team to each incident.
- Manage the end-to-end customer case lifecycle to ensure incidents are resolved accurately and timely, proactively following up and engaging with the customer.
- Collaborate and seek guidance from technical engineers, subject matter experts, and other team members to validate your approach, escalating to higher level technical support as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all cases, including queries, process steps, resolutions consistent with commitments, and prescribed protocols, always protecting confidential and sensitive information.
MS Consumer is a good fit for you if:
- You have customer service, technical support, or IT experience.
- You’re customer-obsessed, take the initiative, and exceed expectations.
- You’re a proactive, collaborative team-player.
- You’re able to adapt quickly as situations change.
- You’re proficient in both written and oral English.
In this role:
- Up to 2 years of experience in a customer service, customer support or related technical support role and basic understanding of technology-based and customer support required.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English required.
- Higher-level education in a technology discipline or technical certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. required.
- Familiarity with IT and/or software systems required.
- Customer obsession, initiative, and drive to exceed expectations required.
- Creativity, adaptability, and strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently but know when to collaborate required.