Full Job Description
Key Business Objectives:
The Technical Services Analyst is responsible for operationally driven project work, startups, significant failures, and high end troubleshooting of the company’s fleet of natural gas compressors. This position provides support to the Operations Team to enable them to better serve our customers. With minimal supervision, this position will maintain customer relationships both internally and externally. All USA Compression employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and professional work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with high-end troubleshooting and complex repairs of natural gas compressors in effort to
minimize down time.
- Analyze repetitive occurrences and provide technical solutions in order to reduce costs.
- Engage in project work for company and customer in a team-oriented environment.
- Accurately gather and prepare data for reports critical to equipment health
- Conduct investigations by given due date in the case of “root cause” failure of compression
- Perform installation and commissioning of new and existing equipment.
- Respond to common inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Write technical reports and articles for inter-company publication.
- Contribute to on-the-job training and development of Field Service Technicians.
- Perform federal and state emissions compliance testing on compressor engines using EPA Reference
- Collect site-specific operational data for preparation and submission of emissions test reports.
- Oversee and provide technical support for emissions compliance.
- Coach, mentor, and train field service technicians.
- Work with sales team to identify new opportunities and to facilitate critical communication with
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Skills/Capabilities and Education:
- High school graduate.
- Technical school certification, college preferred
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, critical thinking and decision-making skills essential to
balance customer needs with company cost issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, providing proactive communication at the field
level to both customers and peers.
- Valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record history acceptable to USA Compression.
- Customer management skills are required to maintain internal and external customer confidence.
- Read and understand P & ID and electrical drawings.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, understand, analyze, and apply technical manuals.
- Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram
form and understanding abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet and inventory tracking software.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication from the company and supervisor including
training, procedures, instructions, etc.
- Follow and observe all safety and environmental policies
- Ability to perform in a high stress environment.
- Travel is required up to 80% of the time worked.
- Periodic lifting requirements in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and walk on uneven and varied terrain, climb ladders and stairs, stoop, squat,
kneel, crouch and crawl depending on the task requirements.
- Exposure to noise levels in excess of 85dBA, potentially hazardous chemicals and materials, and
extreme weather conditions.
- Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites
are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather
conditions. The work environment may be in hazardous locations.
- There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery.