A WordPress theme is essentially a template that you can install with a few clicks to radically alter (or improve) the appearance and layout of your website.
You can create a website that drops jaws and waters lips quickly and easily with the proper WordPress theme.
So go to “Appearance” and select “Themes” from the main panel.
From here, you can see that the currently active theme is the fundamental WordPress default “Twenty Nineteen,” as well as a few additional themes (defaults from previous years; when you add a new theme, it will appear on this page as well).
But, fam, we can do so much better, so scroll down a little further and click on the huge “Add New Theme” box.
From here, you can use the search box to locate a theme that speaks directly to your website-building spirit by searching by featured, popular, or latest themes.
Hestia is by far our favorite “WordPress for beginners” theme, which you can locate by typing it into the theme search field among the other options we mentioned.
Hestia is fantastic since it is really clean, simple to use, and adaptable.
Simply click the “Install” button once you’ve chosen a theme (we’re using Hestia for our WordPress tutorial for beginners), then click the same button again once it becomes “Activate.”
You’ll be led back to the Themes page, where a congratulations message will appear at the top and Hestia will appear in your choice of themes.
Table of Contents
- The first step is to obtain a domain name and web hosting.
- Step 2: Installing WordPress
- Step 3: Using WordPress to Login
- Step 4: How to Use the WordPress Admin Panel
- Step 5: Putting WordPress Themes Into Place
- Step 6: How to Install WordPress Plugins
- Step 7: How to Change the Look and Feel of Your WordPress Theme
- Step 8: Adding Pages to WordPress
- Step 9: How to make a WordPress blog post
- Step 10: Creating WordPress Menus
- Step 11: Putting Your WordPress Site Online
- Step 12: How to speed up WordPress
- Step 13: Enable gzip compression for WordPress
- Step 14: How to Make Your WordPress Site More Secure
- Step 15: How to update your WordPress site
- Step 16: How do you backup your WordPress site
- Website tips and tricks for WordPress
- Now that you can build your own personal website