Full Job Description
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Lagos office for ~10 weeks, usually in the summer, to work in teams and directly with our clients.
In this role, you will help our clients in the private, public, and social sectors solve some of their most pressing problems. You will also work with a range of experts in the firm, from data scientists to researchers to software and app designers.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, to identify, and oftentimes implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge. Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
McKinsey believes in strengths-based development and coaching, and you’ll receive frequent mentoring from colleagues. This will include a senior colleague from your office or practice who will help you grow and achieve your career goals. Additionally, you will have a professional development manager who manages staffing to help you choose projects based on your priorities as well as the needs of client service teams.
Our internship program offers eligible undergraduate/graduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey Digital. At the end of your internship, you may receive an offer to join us as a full-time analyst after the completion of your degree.
- Undergraduate/Master degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology or another related field degree OR student in his/her last year of studies
- Strong application development knowledge in any of the following technologies: Front End: React, React JS, Vue. js., Andriod, iOS and Swift, or, Back-End: Java, .Net, .Nedcore, Springboot
- 1+ years work experience/relevant internships in software engineering environments in designing, building and running production system with a clear record of achievements and proven drive for personal growth; International experience is a plus
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver small – medium-sized projects
- Problem-solving and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and Local Language (a plus)