About RupeekRupeek is India’s fastest growing asset-backed digital lending platform. Rupeek is on a mission to solve credit needs of households and small and medium businesses in India. More than 90% of Indians don’t have access to formal credit. Unsecured credit is expensive and has limited availability. On the contrary, 95% of Indian household net worth is in some form of assets. Rupeek’s technology led platform enables customers to get credit against their assets making credit accessible to the masses in a fair and convenient manner.
Rupeek started its journey with a focus on gold as an asset. Indian households have a unique relationship with gold holding over 25,000 tonnes. Only 5.5% of this gold is used to obtain formal credit due to friction involved in the process of getting credit and fear of losing gold. Rupeek solved this problem over the last 5 years by providing doorstep gold loans and transformed the way gold loans are disbursed in India. More than 1 lac customers who were earlier resistant to getting gold loans now use Rupeek’s digital platform to avail credit. Gold loan category alone is estimated to be at 20B USD in annual disbursement. This is just a start and Rupeek intends to launch many more financial products spanning across multiple asset classes in near future.
Founded in 2015 by Sumit Maniyar, Rupeek is present in over 25 cities in India and has touched over 1,00,000 customers. Headquartered in Bangalore, Rupeek’s investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Bertelsmann and GGV Capital.
Why work with us?
As a Lead Software Engineer you will:
- Work with PM & vertical leaders to build abstractions for platform/system
- Build core systems around business or engg. capabilities
- Coordinate deployments, troubleshoot bugs & production issues wrt performance
- Work closely with DevOps teams to setup infrastructure & best practices around the scale
- Define best practices for engineering, drive change management to improve design, development & testing
- Contribute to hiring the best talent via interviews /evangelizing tech stack
- Knowledge & ability to build high performing, scalable & reliable services
- Can do platform execution to breakdown SOA layers
- Proven track record in multi-threading, storage / caching
- Can be a productivity driver in the engg. org by articulating and driving best practices
- Working knowledge at performance testing & analyzing memory leaks
- Leadership skills to influence engineers both in-house & virtuals to deliver best in class
- 5-7 yrs. of experience, 3+ years in execution of high-performance systems
- First principle problem solver
- Startup background (series A and B)
- Excellent academic credentials wrt Insitute
Core tech Stack:You can take a look at our tech stack here:http://stackshare.io/AmarPrabhu/rupeek