- Not provided by employer
- $111K to $141K per year is estimated salary for software engineer at MOZ in Seattle, WA.
Report inaccurate salary
The Moz Group is looking for a Lead Fullstack Engineer to join our Application Development team.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a lead engineer to have a major impact on our engineering org as a whole. You’ll lead projects to improve the observability and reliability of our existing products while contributing to major architectural decisions that will define the next generation of application development at Moz.
This team is responsible for customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers are able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of the information above and beyond Moz’s core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What you’ll do
- Lead the team through our agile framework to scope projects and deliver software against the subscription and payments problem-space using using the following technologies:
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the User-Services team to ensure quality and performance of the systems through code reviews, documentation, analysis and enforce engineering best practices to ensure high-quality software
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including creating documentation, runbooks, monitoring and alerting, integration tests, etc.
- Maintain SLAs for our applications, add logging, metrics and alerts to ensure errors are proactively identified and corrected.
- Lead and mentor people through architecture design and development for new features and capabilities, and for migration of legacy systems, to meet business and customer needs.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts
- Build internal administrative tools for customer support, account management, and other business users
- Share information and help unblock team members using your expertise and experience to enable them to learn and contribute effectively.
- Collaborate with other teams on dependent work and integrations as well as be vigilant for activities happening outside the team that would have an impact on the work that User Services does.
Experience we want to see
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- At least 5 years of experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
The Moz Group is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of Ziff Davis, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZD).
This is a remote/office-based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except within Colorado.