- Not provided by employer
- $46.1K to $58.3K per year is estimated salary for full stack developer in Boothwyn, PA.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
The Junior Full Stack Web Developer is a critical member of a team responsible for developing, upgrading and providing support for NK’s 10 external Magento ecommerce sites and four internal php developed web portals and applications. Reporting to the Director of IT Systems, the Junior Full Stack Web Developer will diagnose and work with key internal stakeholders to resolve problems quickly to maintain a consistent customer experience. This person will be available to respond to help desk requests and work with individuals of varying degrees of technical ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively while seeking opportunities for efficiencies and training. The successful Junior Full Stack Web Developer is an effective communicator and reliable source of information as many help desk inquiries and issues are time sensitive.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Respond to and troubleshoot website bugs reported to the help desk
- Assist with maintaining, updating, and improving the Magento 2 and Shopify platforms
- Post new blogs, press releases, and general product pages to our differing platforms
- Utilize HTML, PHP, CSS, and JavScript to create a superior customer experience on our websites
- Develop an understanding of lean principles of waste reduction in business processes and seek/develop technology to enhance productivity
- Utilize php to create and enhance functionality for a variety of web applications
- Monitor critical systems daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
- Manage web application backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
- Create and maintain descriptive software documentation.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- Proven ability to learn new things. We expect the successful candidate to take the initiative, ask questions, research, and retain new information.
- Ability to work independently combined with the good judgement to ask questions appropriately.
- Working collaboratively with others on the development team and in the company, including sales and marketing team members.
- Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization abilities.
- Working knowledge of PHP, CSS, and html
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Some knowledge of the SQL language: SQL queries, views, triggers, and stored procedure to automate processes, run backups, and create complex reports.
- Working knowledge of the Ubuntu and/or Centos operating systems and their associated command line interfaces.
- General knowledge of the AWS platform and services
- Good communication skills and mastery of the English language.
Education and Experience
NK recognizes the many paths to gaining knowledge and experience in code and web development. NK is focused on candidates with the ability to demonstrate the skills required to effectively perform the requirements of the position rather than formal education alone. Interested candidates should provide a portfolio or examples of websites you have developed and/or expanded. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a web development role or have successfully completed a web development boot camp. A computer science or equivalent degree and/or relevant technical certifications will be favorably considered but are not required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor manufacturing plant and offices. Ability to work at a computer for 8 hours per day with reasonable accommodations.
Hours of Work/Work Location
This position supports the day-to-day business operations of NK and is expected to be readily available to communicate and perform job duties Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, with some remote weekend availability also expected. NK fully supports work-from-home or telecommuting with information technology and communication systems and will work with the successful candidate to develop a schedule that meets the needs of the company and the employee. Work space will also be provided in NK’s plant in Boothwyn, PA. Business travel is not required but may be available if desired.
Most training is on-the-job. Additional formal training is supported and will be provided as appropriate or desired.
This is a salaried position. Pay rate commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as company size. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance ranges averages 3 to 5% of compensation.
- Fully paid employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Voluntary benefits include family medical, life insurance, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance
- HSA with employer contribution
- 401k with employer match to 5%
- 9 paid holidays, one floating holiday and open PTO
- All benefits are subject to a benefit waiting period of approximately 90 days
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, gender, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment including training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other aspects of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Nielsen-Kellerman is the parent company for eight brands focused on helping people succeed in their profession or passion by providing mission-critical measurements, information, insight and guidance whenever and wherever needed. Ambient Weather, Kestrel Weather, KestrelMet, RainWise, Kestrel Ballistics, MagnetoSpeed, Blue Ocean Megaphones and NK Sports are each recognized as the preeminent products for their applications from meteorology to military, firefighting to farming and rowing to research. Our products ARE us – we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative and sales processes.
NK’s home office is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia and our Ambient Weather brand operates primarily from Chandler, AZ in the Phoenix suburbs. NK’s work environment is informal and high-energy, and our employees’ quality of life is important to us. NK has been named a Philly Top Workplace 8 times, including 2021.