Full Job Description
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The eCommerce team powers our US and Canada Columbia.com sites as well as our Customer Care Center. From merchandising and marketing to product management and technology, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. And, the eCommerce team is known for the relentless improvement of the customer experience-always striving for a better, faster, easier experience.
The eCommerce Technology team is looking for a Full Stack Developer. As a Full Stack Level 2, you are will develop server/client-side code and build scale-able, distributed, component-based objects that meets the needs of our consumers. This is the perfect opportunity for a developer who enjoys wearing multiple hats and has an interest in eCommerce.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop, tests, deploys, and optimizes our eCommerce platform
- Work closely with fellow developers to understand, adapt, and execute project goals during the development phase of our projects.
- Builds reusable code and libraries with the guidance of more senior developers to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Optimize our websites for speed, usability, and reliability to meet our current and future needs of our customers.
- Able to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with project management and project stakeholders
- Exceptional at attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and complete multiple projects at once
- A strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Able to teach new technologies and methodologies to others
- 3+ years’ experience with total professional software development
- 2+ years’ experience with eCommerce platforms (e.g. Hybris, ATG, Magento, SFCC, WebSphere Commerce) is preferred
- Experience working with SFRA (SaaS eCommerce platform) preferred
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we’ve been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.