HP Spectre 13 battery replacement, recently, HP unveiled the updated Spectre x360 series for 2022, bringing additional features, an updated look, and other upgrades to what was previously one of HP’s top laptops. Even though the device is still quite new, the battery may eventually begin to show wear symptoms, and you may want to replace it.
For example, if a laptop still functions properly, besides its battery life, there’s no reason to discard the entire thing. As a result, you might be asking if the battery inside the HP Spectre x360 can be replaced. The good news is that it can.
As long as you have the necessary parts, you can quickly change the battery in either of the HP Spectre x360 versions. If you have experience with the Spectre x360 16, the process will be known to you already. However, the Spectre x360 13.5 has a new design that modifies some processes from the Spectre x360 14 that came before. You can read on to find out how to complete it in either case.
What You’ll Need
Before you begin replacing the battery within your laptop, there are a few things you should be aware of. First, ensure no power is running inside the laptop by turning it off and unplugging it from the outlet. While working on the laptop, you might also want to wear an anti-static wrist strap to avoid static discharges. Before you begin, it’s a good idea to back up your data in case something goes wrong.
You will also require a prying tool, Philips and Torx screwdrivers, and the laptop itself in order to open it. The easiest way to get all the tools you need to work on electronics is to get an iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. Of course, you’ll also need the battery you intend to use in place of your current one.
HP Spectre x360 13.5 Battery Replacing
The HP Spectre x360 comes with a 66Wh battery, and the spare component number is L97357-005 if you wish to hunt for a replacement online. This is important to know if you’re planning to change the battery in the device. What you need to do to replace it is as follows.
- Lay the laptop upside down with the hinge facing away from you.
- Remove the four Philips screws holding the bottom cover down. Remember that the screws at the top and bottom are different sizes, and you’ll need to put them back in the correct place.
- Start close to the hinge and work your way around the edges of the bottom cover with a plastic prying tool to separate it from the rest of the computer. Lift it from the top and pull it away after it has been loosened.
- You can’t overlook the battery because it occupies most of the laptop’s internal space. The battery connector is located close to the top-right corner of the battery; unplug it from the motherboard.
- The laptop battery can be removed when the six Philips screws keeping it in place have been removed. Read Also; New HP Spectre x360 Laptops Include Options with Intel Arc
- Then, tighten the six screws once more after replacing the battery. Using the ribbon cable, join the fresh battery to the motherboard.
- Reinstall the laptop’s bottom cover by carefully snapping it into place. After that, tighten the two shorter and two longer Philips screws located at the bottom and the top, respectively.
Now, you can plug the laptop back into an outlet, which should turn on as normal. Read More; HP Elite Dragonfly Chromebook: Price and Release Date
Replacing the HP Spectre x360 16’s battery
All the processes are the same because the 2021 and 2022 HP Spectre x360 16 models are equal in terms of design. If you want to hunt for a replacement online, the spare component number for the battery in this instance is M48025-005, an 83Whr unit. What to do for the HP Spectre x360 16 is as follows:
- Turn the laptop over so that the lid is facing away from you.
- The bottom cover is secured in place by two Torx (bottom) and two Philips (top) screws.
- Starting close to the hinge, pull the bottom cover away from the rest of the computer using a tool. Lift it from the top and pull it away after it has been loosened.
- The laptop’s battery is located close to the bottom. The ribbon wire that connects the battery to the motherboard should be unplugged.
- Remove the eight screws holding the battery in place, then remove the battery from the laptop.
- Insert the new battery in its place, then tighten the eight screws again. Using the ribbon cable, join the fresh battery to the motherboard.
- Start at the bottom of the laptop and snap the bottom cover back into position. The Torx and Philips screws should then be tightened in their original locations.
You should now be able to use your laptop once more. To check that everything is functioning, connect it to an outlet and turn it on.
And that’s all you need to know to replace the battery in the HP Spectre x360 (2022). As we previously stated, the HP Spectre x360 13.5 is not entirely known, but it is expected that you will be able to change it in the same way as earlier models. When fresh data becomes available, we’ll update this post.