You know how you can use Alexa to shop with your voice. You can just ask the assistant to add things to your Amazon cart. You can do that with Google Assistant, too, but it will add items to your Walmart shopping cart instead of taking them out. This is because Google Assistant has a “Walmart Voice Order” feature that lets you order stuff from Walmart.
As part of this partnership, you can use your phone, bright display, or speaker to voice shop at Walmart.
And there aren’t a lot of setups required to get started.
How to voice shop at Walmart using Google Assistant
Link your Walmart and Google Assistant accounts
To link your online Walmart account to your Google Assistant account, go to this Walmart skill and tap or click the “link” button to connect your account. You’ll need to be already signed in to your Google account that you use the Assistant with, and then when you click “link,” you’ll be asked to sign in to your Walmart account. This is how it works:
The two accounts will be linked, and you can start using Walmart’s Voice Order service.
- To start, say, “Ok Google, talk to Walmart.”
- Once prompted, tap the link to connect and sign in to your Walmart account.
- Download the Google Assistant app from the app store.
- Sign in with a Gmail account.
- Ask your assistant to “Talk to Walmart.”
- Once prompted, tap the link to sign in to your Walmart account.
Using Walmart Voice Order
“Hey Google, talk to Walmart,” say to your Google Assistant device to activate the Walmart Voice Order feature. Following that, Google Assistant will be able to add goods to your virtual Walmart shopping basket. Then you may say something like, “Add milk to my cart.” Walmart has stated that it will make every effort to learn about the brands you want. Read more; How to Mute a Word or Phrase on Twitter.
Walmart may even add the milk you buy regularly. So, instead of speaking “one gallon of 1% Great Value organic milk” to Walmart every time, just say “milk” to your Google Assistant device. Easy! You can only order groceries, but there are more than 100,000 of them to choose from.
Here are some example commands you can say:
- “Ok Google, tell Walmart to add cereal to my cart.”
- “Ok Google, what’s in my cart?”
- “Ok Google, tell Walmart to add 4 more bananas.”
- “Ok Google, tell Walmart I don’t want bananas anymore.”
- “Ok Google, ask Walmart if they sell cookie butter.”
- “Ok Google, ask Walmart ‘How much is milk?’”
- “Ok Google, can I apply a promo code?”
- “Ok Google, where do I pick up my order?”
- “Ok Google, what time can I pick up my order?
Delivery and check-out
Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery is compatible with Google Assistant. To pay out and finalize your purchase, you’ll need to go to your online Walmart account, either on the web or through the Walmart app.
Who can voice shop at Walmart?
The Walmart Voice Order function debuted in the United States in 2019. Any Google Assistant-enabled device can use the feature. Read also; Sony SRS-NB10 Review: A Perfect Companion.