Using the Dell laptop for work can be taxing due to the need for frequent window and tab switching.
This is even more important when you need to do a lot of research for a school or work project. Your laptop has a feature that allows you to divide the screen into two halves. We’ll provide you with a few different ways to split your laptop’s display, in this piece.
How Do I Set Up a Split Screen on My Dell Laptop?
- Open more than one window or program at the same time.
- Move your mouse to the top of any windows and click your left mouse button.
- Move the window to the left or right side of the screen.
- Drag it across the screen until it “snaps” into place and frees up the other half for another window.
How to split screen on Dell laptop Windows 10
Further, to create a split screen on a Dell laptop running Windows 10, you’ll need to use the keyboard shortcuts.
Splitting your windows in two can be helpful. Press the Windows key and the left or right Arrow key to move between open windows. The active window will shift to the left or right. Pick another available window to close the void.
See Also: How to Install Swoop TV on Firestick? 2022
How To Split Screen On Dell Laptop Using Keyboard
To move the focus to the left or right of an active window, press and hold the Windows key, then use one of the arrow keys. The active window should automatically snap to the left or right side. To fill the second empty spot, select another window from the menu.
How to split screen on Dell laptop Windows 7
Windows 7, the first edition of the operating system, was the first to include Snap Assist capability. It enables you to drag the window towards one of the screen’s corners, where it can then “snap” into place, freeing up the remaining space on the screen to launch a new window. Through the Settings menu, it is possible to turn off the feature.
How to split screen on Dell Latitude
Thanks to the split screen feature, the ability to run two programs side by side on the same screen is a great time-saver. With the option to divide the screen:
- To use split-screen mode, launch two programs simultaneously.
- Drag your finger to the left to open the second app, and keep it there until the screen divides.
- The second program will fall when you let go of the button.
How To Split Screen On Dell laptop windows 11
In Windows 11, the split-screen feature was rebranded as the snaps layout, and support for multiple monitors was added. The Windows 11 function in question requires activation before use. In its absence, the dual-screen can only be used in split-screen mode.
- Launch Windows 11’s settings
- Select the System tab.
- Select the tab labeled “Multitasking.”
- Select the Snap Windows option from the menu. Turn it on by toggling the switch.
- Move your mouse pointer over the expand button. Now you can pick from several different snap layouts.
- To switch between layouts, just click on the one you want.
See Also: How to Watch Philo on Vizio smart TV? 2022
How do I quickly switch between windows on my Dell laptop?
You may split the screen in under two seconds on a Dell laptop by pressing the Windows key and the right or left arrow key. If you do that, your Dell laptop will start using its Snap Assist feature.
Is Split-Screen Capable on a Dell Monitor?
When using a Dell monitor, the “split screen” feature can be activated by dragging and dropping one of the active windows to the right or left side of the display until a vertical division occurs.
How To Turn Off Split Screen On Dell Laptop
Simply navigate to the “Display” settings on a Dell laptop and uncheck the box next to the “Enable split screen” option. This will turn off the split screen feature. By doing so, the feature will be disabled, and you will be able to use your laptop as you normally would.