Amazon is adding a new feature to its Amazon Music app that makes it easier to use while driving. This feature is called “Car Mode.”
Car Mode is a simplified version of the existing interface, with bigger buttons and quick access to suggested playlists, albums, and Alexa. It’s also easier to use because the buttons are bigger. Half of the screen shows up when Car Mode is on. Your phone has playback controls on the top of it, and suggestions for music on the bottom. You can tap or swipe between them to see what they are. You can turn on Alexa in the bottom corner of your screen with a tap or by saying “Alexa, turn on.”
It doesn’t do anything else. It just changes the UI to make it easier for you to find music or playlists to play while you’re driving or on the road. If you want, Amazon Music can be set to start playing music in Car Mode as soon as you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth. If your car doesn’t have Bluetooth, you can also turn on Car Mode in the settings of the Amazon Music app.
How Car Mode works in Amazon Music
Car Mode has been added to Amazon Music on iOS and Android. Here are some quick tips on how to use the feature:
Launch Car Mode with a Bluetooth-enabled vehicle
- Bluetooth should be turned on on your mobile device and in your car.
- Whenever a connection is found, Car Mode will launch by itself.
- In Settings, you can change this preference.
- To get out of Car Mode, press the exit Car Mode button or turn off Bluetooth.
Launch Car Mode manually
- Make sure the Amazon Music app is running before you get in your car.
- Click on the menu button in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Car Mode.”
- To get out of Car Mode, press the “Exit Car Mode” button.
Keep screen active while in Car Mode
- The Amazon Music App is on your phone. You can open it (while not driving).
- Take a look at the menu icon in the upper corner.
- To do this, go to Settings.
- Keep the screen on or off in “Car Mode.”
Disable Car Mode
- Open the Amazon Music app (while not driving).
- Tap the menu icon in the upper corner.
- Then select Settings.
- Under “Car Mode”, turn Start Car Mode Automatically on or off.
Read also; What are Amazon Day One Edition devices
Want to know more?
To learn more about Amazon, check out their FAQ page.