The Google Calendar app icon on an Android phone does not display the current date by default. The Google Calendar app does not cause this issue.
On your Android phone, an app is in charge of managing the home screen. This app is known as “launcher.”
The Google Calendar app icon does not display the current date because your Android phone’s default “launcher” does not support this feature. Replace the default app “launcher” with the Nova Launcher app to resolve this issue.
This techloaded247 covers the following sections:
- Install Nova Launcher App
- Set the Nova Launcher as Home App
- Customize Nova Launcher Setting
- Customize Nova Launcher Home Screen
- Return To Default Home Screen App
Install Nova Launcher App
The first step in getting the Google Calendar app icon on your Android phone to display the current date is to install an app that supports this feature. As we previously stated, the Nova Launcher will resolve this issue.
Follow the steps below to install the Nova Launcher app:
- Open Google Play Store App.
2. Search for Nova Launcher and open the app.
3. Then, install the Nova Launcher app and proceed to the next section
4. When you finish installing the app and tap the back button, you may be prompted to choose a Home app. Tap Always, then Nova Launcher.
Set Nova Launcher As The Home App
The problem with the Google Calendar app icon not displaying the date is not resolved by installing the Nova Launcher on Android. To resolve the issue, make the Nova Launcher app your home screen app.
Change your phone’s default home app launcher by following the instructions below.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Then, scroll down and tap Apps on the Settings app screen.
3. On the App list, ensure that All is selected. And tap on the search box.
4. Enter “home” in the search box. Search launcher if your current Home app is not visible. Open the current Home app after that.
5. tap Home screen on your current home screen – it will go to your default Home screen app.
6. Then, tap Nova Launcher on the Default home app screen. This will launch the app setup wizard.
7. On the first screen of the Nova Launcher app, ensure that Start fresh is selected. And tap Next.
8. Select your preferred theme on the theme screen and tap Next.
9. Finally, select your drawer style, and tap Apply.
You will be returned to a new Home after completing the initial setup of the Nova Launcher app. Don’t freak out.
Customize Nova Launcher Settings
This section will show you how to customize the new Home screen, including moving the Google Calendar to the Home screen.
You must configure some settings before you can customize your new Home screen with Nova Launcher.
Swipe left on your new Home screen to continue with the customizations below. Then select Nova Settings.
When the Nova Settings screen appears, follow the steps in the sub-sections below to customize the important settings.
Configure Notification Badges In Nova Settings
We’re starting with this because it’s an important feature that isn’t available in the app’s free version. Notification badges are the small badges that appear on the top right of apps.
Unfortunately, this feature is not available in the free version of the Nova Launcher app.
1. Scroll down the Nova Launcher Setting, and tap Notification badges to purchase the prime version of the app and enable notification badges.
2. Then, tap PLAY STORE at the bottom right of the Nova Launcher Prime screen. The Prime version of the app will open on the Google Play store.
3. When you complete your purchase, the Nova Launcher Prime version of the app will be installed. Return to the Nova Launcher app settings once the installation is complete.
The Notification badges option is now available. Tap it.
The default notification badge style will be None.
4. Tap the back button to return to the previous screen after selecting a badge style.
5. Look at the bottom of the Notification badges screen; there is a warning. Tap the warning.
6. Then, toggle the Nova Launcher button on the Notifications access screen from OFF to ON. If you get another confirmation, click Allow – see the screenshot below.
7. Customize the notification badge to look like the image below. When you open your new Home screen, those tiny notification badges on the top right of apps will appear.
Read More; Google Pixelbook i7: The Best Chromebook
Configure Home Screen In Nova Settings
To configure home screen settings, follow the steps below:
1. Still, on the Nova Settings screen, tap the Home screen.
The Home screen setting provides numerous customization options. However, we are only concerned with this guide’s Desktop grid layout setting.
The Desktop grid layout determines how many apps can fit into one row on the Home screen.
2. On the tap Home screen settings screen, tap Desktop grid.
3. Then, on the Desktop grid screen, select the number of apps you want to see on your Home screen and press DONE. Use the settings shown in the screenshot below if you are unsure. It’s a good idea to check the box next to the Subgrid positioning.
Read also; What is Google Analytics and How Does it Work
Revert To The Default Home Screen App
As we mentioned in the last section, if you do not like the new Nova Launcher Home screen or do not have the time to start rearranging your apps on the Home screen, follow the steps below to revert your home screen to the default app.
1. Tap Settings -> Apps – then open your phone’s default Home launcher app.
2. On the Home launcher app, tap Home screen.
3. Finally, tap your original Home launcher app on the Default home app screen.
Your original home screen will be restored; however, Android’s Google Calendar app icon will no longer display the current date.
See Also; How to Get Organic Google Traffic to Your Company’s Website
We hope you were able to start seeing the current date on your Android phone’s Google Calendar app icon! If you found this article useful, please take 2 minutes to share your thoughts in the comments section.
However, please comment below if you have questions about this article or if the steps did not solve your problem. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible with a solution.