Admit it or not, understanding how to build a website from the ground up is one of the most important talents a small business owner may have in today’s world.
Below are what you need to know:
You will save a lot of money on web developers and designers if you know how to build your own website.
This will also allow you to keep up with industry trends and add new features to your website without having to hire a coder.
- You will successfully keep ahead of your competitors because, while they are slowed down by the requirement to contact developers, you will be able to produce the majority of your projects yourself (within reason, of course).
Why should you use WordPress to build your website?
To be honest, there are a lot of website systems you can utilize when creating a new site — they’re known as Content Management Systems (CMS)
The purpose of a content management system (CMS) is to provide you with simple tools that allow you to change your site’s content without knowing how to code. For the most part, those CMS resemble the familiar interfaces of Facebook or Google Docs from the user’s perspective. You just develop new pages or documents and then post them to the internet.
But that’s enough with the jargon! As I previously stated, there are several CMSs available — more than 100, listed by Wikipedia.
Fortunately, selecting the finest one is straightforward. On top of the mountain, there is only one king: WordPress.
More than 40.6 percent of all websites utilize WordPress (data says). That’s all there is to it!
To put it another way, WordPress powers nearly one out of every three websites you visit Fortunately, you may install WordPress locally by viewing this brief video, which will suffice for the remainder of this full tutorial if you are not ready to go online.
Here are some of the most important WordPress facts:
- It’s free and open source.
- it’s the ultimate DIY solution for website creation
- it’s extra versatile – can run any type of website
- it’s fast, optimized, and secure
- it’s SEO-ready – makes promotion easier
Firstly, one essential distinction: we’re talking about “WordPress, the program” here, not “WordPress, the platform.” If you go to WordPress.org you can locate it kindly check the similarity between WordPress.com and WordPress.org in this video
There’s also “WordPress, the commercial service,” which you can find by visiting WordPress.com. For the time being, keep in mind that what we desire is available at WordPress.org which is a more adaptable and cost-effective version of the platform. This will all become evident in the following steps, so please carefully follow all of the instructions provided by the Techloaded247 team on how to establish your own comprehensive WordPress website.
Table of Contents
- The first step is to obtain a domain name and web hosting.
- Step 2: Installing WordPress
- Step 3: Using WordPress to Login
- Step 4: How to Use the WordPress Admin Panel
- Step 5: Putting WordPress Themes Into Place
- Step 6: How to Install WordPress Plugins
- Step 7: How to Change the Look and Feel of Your WordPress Theme
- Step 8: Adding Pages to WordPress
- Step 9: How to make a WordPress blog post
- Step 10: Creating WordPress Menus
- Step 11: Putting Your WordPress Site Online
- Step 12: How to speed up WordPress
- Step 13: Enable gzip compression for WordPress
- Step 14: How to Make Your WordPress Site More Secure
- Step 15: How to update your WordPress site
- Step 16: How do you backup your WordPress site
- Website tips and tricks for WordPress
- Now that you can build your own personal website