Role – Head of Information Technology
Job nature- On-site
Location- ilupeju, Lagos-state
Job type- Full time
Required age- Candidates must be between 28-38years
Our client a leading asset management company is hiring a Head of IT to lead their digital transformation. This includes a complete overhaul of its entire technology process and infrastructure. The company is seeking to adopt more IT to make their operation more efficient. In this role, you will audit the existing systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide overall tech leadership.
The ideal candidate has a coding background, has delivered different fintech products, integrated relevant APIs, managed tech teams, and has an advanced banking/fintech knowledge. From the first month, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of their IT operations, software development, drive innovation and provide tech leadership that accelerates the overall growth of the business.
- Routinely carry out GAP analysis on the business’ tech-enabled processes and team to ensure that there is adequate capability to reach future business goals.
- Optimize business IT process and monitor IT efficiency.
Audit, redesign or upgrade and maintain business systems and processes.
- Liaise with vendors and 3rd parties.
- IT security and governance.
- Stakeholder management (very important) – This includes internal engagement (with designers, developers etc) and external channel engagement (with different partners e.g payment providers, information aggregators, KYC providers, NIBBS etc.)
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and identify security vulnerabilities.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software.
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups.
- BSc /BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Minimum of 6 years experience in IT management.
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring.
- Relevant professional certifications.
- Work experience that includes a bank (or major financial services company) and a fintech startup would be a major advantage.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Nose mask and hand sanitizer
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lagos: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application response rate: 62%
Hiring 10+ candidates for this role