Prudent Energy & Services Limited (PESL) – We are a wholly owned Nigerian company with its core area of specialization in the downstream sector of the Nigerian oil Industry. We believe that prosperous economies are built on a solid and robust network of actors who command the delivery of value from the point of creation to the point of expense. This network is only as strong as the level of trust these economic actors have among themselves. As a company, we aspire to become that trusted growth partner for economic actors to depend on as they quest to deliver value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Information Technology Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As an IT Officer, you are responsible for providing first line helpdesk support to staff, assisting with resolution to hardware and software problems and enquiries, as well as directing issues to the relevant stakeholders.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide first line technical support; answering support queries via phone and email
- Manage the Information Technology helpdesk, responds promptly to staff complaints/requests and maintains good technical documentation of all issues
- Provide remote support to all end users in the business by attending to issues and escalating them appropriately
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adheres to all service management principles.
- Sort requests according to order of importance and forward to the appropriate business decision officer
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and software by providing necessary training and advice.
- Escalate issues to the relevant IT Technical team members and Business Decision support officers who have the jurisdiction over the division
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software-related problems where possible from the helpdesk
- Prepare reports, distribute departmental correspondence, file and provide general support/assistance as directed by the unit head
- Provide general information on IT services and policies as required by end users
- Maintain a log of various requests and issues
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the IT Lead.
Experiences & Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s / HND in Computer / System / Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Applied Physics / Computer Science or a related discipline
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the Information Technology Department in a similar role
- Relevant certification such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) is an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Customer Service
- System and operations analysis
- IT Service management
- IT Security
- IT Infrastructure and applications
- System design and integration
- Database / Data centre management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Customer service focus.
Who we are looking for?
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills.
Why work with us?
- You become a part of our extensive network of talents
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental and vision
- Career progression/ Internal mobility opportunities
- Professional development plans
- Be a part of an organization with high employee retention and competitive workforce.
- Monthly Salary
- Leave allowance
- Other perks as stated on PESL’s website.
Note: Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.