Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an experienced, full-time, permanent Full Stack Developer to join our team to develop our website, web platforms and maintain and enhance the existing ones. The ideal candidate for this position would be a motivated, creative, detailed oriented individual and has excellent communication skills, a self-starter, and has the ability to solve problems.
At Mitrex, we develop and manufacture solar construction materials for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world’s first manufacturer to develop customizable solar solutions, we are revolutionizing the construction industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
We are an equal opportunity employer with great company culture. The successful candidate will join our marketing team in Etobicoke.
- Must have 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Must have a programming background
- Experience working in a fast-paced digital agency or marketing environment
- Extensive experience with WordPress and/or Open Source CMS with extensive grip on PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of responsive web development techniques
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Dedicated to testing and QA to ensure overall quality
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards and best practices
- Highly organized and solution-driven with a strong team orientation is required
- Experience with Apache Server Management and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) is an asset
- Develop clean, scalable, and responsive websites and web applications and other user-facing features
- Collaborate with web and UX designers to build new and update existing web assets
- Work alongside the digital and marketing team to assist in optimizing websites and applications.
- Performing day-to-day development tasks other than mainstream projects
- Seek out new technology trends, tools, and opportunities for innovation
- Work in collaboration with the design and strategy teams to build exciting and innovative digital assets including but not limited to websites, landing pages, web applications
- Help to identify high-risk areas for Project Managers and Sales as it relates to technology
- Hands-on involvement in the planning, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of websites and web applications
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of $40+/hour depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on performance
- Extended medical and health coverage
- Wellness program including free healthy foods, medicinal provisions, and discounted gym and fitness class memberships
- Competitive RRSP matching for tenured employees
- Free charging and reserved parking for electric vehicles
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Backed by 20 years of experience through our parent company, GCAT Group
- Full-time and permanent position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Mitrex Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.