Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we are able to recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead and develop a team of high performing developers for our Commerce team in Bengaluru.
Where you’ll make an impact
You will apply your inquisitive approach in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of your team. You will also be required to deeply understand technology landscapes, and evaluate the use of new technologies. You will be influential within your team and work with peers and senior leaders to define and revise the standards for operational excellence across Atlassian. You will consistently tackle abstract issues that span multiple functional areas and drive your team to push for improvements that can scale across other teams, services, and platforms.
You will be responsible for building an effective team, empowering them to achieve their goals and delivering value to our customers (both internal & external) and Atlassian.
Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, mentoring, coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
You will work closely with product management to influence the direction of our new services and plan the steps to get there. You will collaborate with developers to ensure they build reliable, scalable services & strive for technical & operational perfection while balancing the needs of our customers and the business. You will be working cross-geo with the Sydney team and other partners across the globe, with the potential for travel to help drive collaboration.
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect You To Have
- 10+ years in software development – preferably with Cloud services.
- 2+ years experience in a people management role – hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and performance managing.
- A dedication for building high-performing teams, putting others before yourself, and delighting in your team members’ successes.
- Proven coding skills, with the ability to guide your team in code design and reviews, mentor junior developers and assist your team to tackle technical challenges.
- A passion for solving complex business problems, and the proven ability to share that passion with your team.
- A strong collaborative mindset; to work closely with your peers in Product Management, Design, other Development Leads, Quality Engineering, etc – to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills; to effectively prioritise work, set expectations with partners, communicate progress, negotiate dependencies, and resolve conflicts.
- High-quality standards, holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering Enterprise-quality software that delights customers.
- A strong drive for innovation and improvement – always pushing, encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes and culture; keeping them agile and creative with lightweight processes.
Nice To Have, But Not Mandatory
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GAE, Azure)
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience in large scale transformation (think monolith to micro-services)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.