Dead by Daylight is a survival horror game developed by Behaviour Interactive. In the game, players take on the role of either a survivor or a killer, with the goal being to either escape the killer or capture and sacrifice the survivors. The Skull Merchant is a killer in Dead by Daylight that was introduced in the game’s Shattered Bloodline DLC. This article will focus on the best Skull Merchant builds in Dead by Daylight and how to use them effectively.
Who is the Skull Merchant?
The Skull Merchant, also known as Rin Yamaoka, is a Japanese spirit who seeks revenge for the wrongs done to her and her family. She is a killer who uses her powers to track and capture survivors, taking them to the Entity’s realm for sacrifice.
Best Skull Merchant Builds
- The Spirit Fury and Enduring Build: This build focuses on increasing the Skull Merchant’s ability to catch and down survivors quickly. Spirit Fury causes the killer’s pallet breaking animation to be shortened, and when a pallet is destroyed, the killer becomes immune to stuns for several seconds. Enduring reduces the stun duration by 75%, making it easier for the killer to recover quickly from a stun. These two perks combined make it easier for the Skull Merchant to catch and down survivors quickly.
- The Hex: Ruin and Thrilling Tremors Build: This build focuses on slowing down the game and preventing survivors from repairing generators quickly. Hex: Ruin causes skill checks to appear randomly when repairing generators and, if failed, regression will occur. Thrilling Tremors highlights all the generators that are not being worked on and blocks their progress for 16 seconds. This build forces survivors to spend more time repairing generators, allowing the Skull Merchant to track and catch them easier.
- The BBQ and Chili and Discordance Build: This build focuses on gaining bloodpoints and tracking multiple survivors at once. BBQ and Chili allow the killer to see all survivors’ auras who are far away from the hook after a survivor is hooked. Discordance triggers the aura of generators that are being worked on by two or more survivors. This build makes it easier to track multiple survivors at once and gain more bloodpoints.
- The Corrupt Intervention and Pop Goes the Weasel Build: This build focuses on controlling the early game and preventing survivors from repairing generators quickly. Corrupt Intervention blocks three generators at the start of the match, forcing survivors to move to different generators. Pop Goes the Weasel allows the killer to instantly regress a generator by 25% after hooking a survivor. This build allows the Skull Merchant to control the early game and prevent survivors from escaping quickly.
How to use the Builds Effectively
- The Spirit Fury and Enduring Build: Use this build to chase and down survivors quickly. Focus on breaking pallets as quickly as possible and avoiding stuns. Use the reduced stun duration to recover quickly and catch survivors off guard.
- The Hex: Ruin and Thrilling Tremors Build: Use this build to slow down the game and prevent survivors from repairing generators quickly. Focus on finding survivors who are not working on generators and use Thrilling Tremors to block their progress.
- The BBQ and Chili and Discordance Build: Use this build to track multiple survivors at once and gain more bloodpoints. Focus on hooking survivors and using BBQ an:d Chili to see all survivors’ auras who are far away from the hook. Use Discordance to track multiple survivors working on the same generator.
- The Corrupt Intervention and Pop Goes the Weasel Build: Use this build to control the early game and prevent survivors from escaping quickly. Focus on blocking three generators with Corrupt Intervention and using Pop Goes the Weasel to regress generators after hooking survivors. This will prevent survivors from escaping quickly and give the Skull Merchant time to catch and hook them.
In general, it’s important to be familiar with the map and to track survivors’ movements. Always be aware of the generators’ progress and try to cut off survivors’ escape routes. Use the Skull Merchant’s power to phase through objects and surprise survivors.
It’s also important to note that the Skull Merchant is a slower killer, so it’s important to focus on tracking and predicting survivors’ movements. Keep a lookout for scratch marks, crows flying away, and other indicators of survivor activity.
Read Also: How To Play as Renato Lyra in Dead by Daylight
What is the Skull Merchant’s power?
The Skull Merchant’s power is called “Yamaoka’s Haunting.” It allows her to enter a phasing state and move through objects, making her invisible and increasing her movement speed.
How do I unlock the Skull Merchant in Dead by Daylight?
The Skull Merchant can be unlocked in the game’s Shattered Bloodline DLC, which is available for purchase on the game’s platform of choice.
What are some effective add-ons to use with the Skull Merchant?
Some effective add-ons to use with the Skull Merchant include those that increase phasing duration, decrease phasing recharge time, and reveal survivor auras while phasing.
Is the Skull Merchant a difficult killer to play?
The Skull Merchant can be a difficult killer to play due to her slower movement speed and reliance on tracking survivors. However, with practice and familiarity with the map, she can be a deadly force in the game.
What are some effective survivor perks to counter the Skull Merchant?
Some effective survivor perks to counter the Skull Merchant include those that increase the duration of pallet stuns, decrease the noise made while repairing generators, and reveal the killer’s aura when he or she breaks a pallet.
The Skull Merchant is a unique killer in Dead by Daylight, and there are several builds that can be used effectively to catch and sacrifice survivors. Each build has a different focus, whether it be slowing down the game, gaining bloodpoints, or controlling the early game. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each build is crucial for using them effectively. With practice and familiarity with the map, the Skull Merchant can be a deadly force in the game.