Ace Hardware Corporation is a cooperative of American hardware merchants established in Oak Brook, Illinois. It is the world’s largest hardware retailer and the largest non-grocery retailer in the United States.
The Ace Hardware Corporation was founded in 1924 as “Ace Stores” and changed its name to “Ace Hardware Corporation” in 1931. Its popularity skyrocketed after WWII, with sales more than tripling between the late 1940s and 1959. Ace was sold to its retailers after the longstanding president and founder Richard Hesse retired in 1973, and it became a retailer-owned cooperative. Its wholesale sales peaked at $1 billion in 1985 and $5 billion in 2015.
We’re your neighborhood hardware shop, and we’re proud to be a part of it. Ace Hardware has nearly 5,000 locations worldwide, with the majority of them being independently owned and run by local business owners. These hardworking men and women are a part of your community’s fabric. They are small business entrepreneurs who are committed to their community and devoted to their customers…just as they should be. While others have grown to be enormous and impersonal, Ace has remained small and intimate. That’s why we say that paying a visit to Ace is like paying a visit to a friend.
ACE Hardware are:
- Safety and Security
- Garage Door Openers and Hardware
- Door Knobs and Locks
- Fire Safety
- Door Hardware
- Mailboxes And Posts
- Cabinet and Furniture Hardware
- Screws and Anchors
- Window and Screen Hardware
- Hanging and Mounting
- Metal Sheets and Rods
- Chain and Rope
- Angles, Braces and Brackets
- Signs, Letters and Numbers
- Hooks and Screw Eyes
- Nuts and Bolts
- Nails and Staples
- Specialty Hardware
Reasons to Shop at Ace Hardware
When it comes to shopping for tools, hardware, and other home and garden supplies, customers have a variety of options. There are instances when shopping at Home Depot or Lowe’s makes sense, but that isn’t always the case. Here are some of the benefits of shopping at Ace Hardware.
- The shops are locally owned and operated: Ace Hardware locations are franchised, which means they are privately held. This implies that the experience, including sales and hours, can differ from one store to the next. Finding your local Ace Hardware, however, is a terrific way to obtain the small-town feel of shopping at a hardware store where the proprietors are known faces.
- You can count on a well-informed team: Because Ace Hardware locations have less square footage than larger home improvement stores, they have smaller staffs. The employees, on the other hand, may be more knowledgeable since they have to cover more bases – they can’t just send a customer to another section of the store and hope that someone there can help.
- You can buy only what you need: Larger home improvement businesses may demand you to buy a whole pack of anything when it comes to specific materials. However, what if you only require one or two screws? You might have to buy a whole pack at Home Depot or Lowe’s and tuck the extra away. However, at Ace Hardware, there’s a high chance you’ll just need one or two. It’s a plus that you can acquire smaller quantities; you won’t have to worry about finding a place to put the extras or creating clutter as a result of them.
- Its smaller size can mean shorter trips: When compared to larger stores, you may be able to get in and out of an Ace Hardware pretty quickly. Because an Ace Hardware store has a smaller footprint, you won’t have to go through long aisles to discover what you need. Instead, you may swiftly discover what you need, pay for it, and walk out the door, returning to your project in no time.
ACE Hardware Products worth Buying
Shopping for tools, like shopping for any other category of product, maybe overwhelming if there are too many options. So now that you know why shopping at Ace Hardware is worthwhile, let’s look at some of the goods you should consider purchasing.
Choosing the appropriate paint is more than just picking the perfect color; you’ll also need to choose the right finish and any accessories that will aid in the project’s completion. Thousands of hues from three well-known companies, Benjamin Moore, Magnolia Home, and Clark+Kensington, are available in The Paint Studio.
Even better, rather than being overwhelmed by dozens upon dozens of paint chips, you can easily explore through color families on Ace Hardware’s website. You can also get ideas and find useful tips and resources under the Inspiration area. Are you worried about how much paint you’ll need?
You could be missing out if you don’t consider purchasing a barbecue from Ace Hardware. Not only will you find great deals, but the website also allows you to shop for grills by category, such as gas, pellet, charcoal, or electric. Smokers, as well as accessories and related items like as barbecue sauces and rubs, charcoal, charcoal starters, grill covers, grill cooking accessories, thermometers, and smoking chips and pellets, have their own category. For some versions, you can even get replacement components and accessories.
You’ll probably need a ladder at some point, whether you own or rent your property. You’re sure to find what you need among Ace Hardware’s ladders, which are divided into categories such as step ladders, extension ladders, step stools, fiberglass, and aluminum. You’ll find a ladder to meet your needs, whether you have 9′ ceilings and need to replace a light fixture or only need a step stool to reach something on top of your refrigerator.
Ace Hardware has fans you’ll be delighted to own, whether you need to keep your home cooler in the summer or just want to dry things quickly. Floor and box fans, tower fans, pedestal fans, industrial fans, tabletop fans, and window fans are all available for purchase. Ace also has many of ceiling fans to choose from if you need to install or replace one at home.
Heating devices are on the other end of the temperature spectrum, and Ace Hardware has a heater to accommodate every room. Shop for infrared or non-infrared space, radiant, wall, baseboard, and patio heaters that are electric or gas-powered, ceramic, tower models, and more. There are also oscillating heaters that can help to warm every area of a room, as well as infrared heaters that resemble wood-burning fireplaces. The heaters at Ace Hardware are more than just functional; you’ll find warm, inviting pieces that blend nicely with your existing decor.
Anyone who is big on lawn and garden care is likely familiar with mulch. It’s utilized to keep temperatures moderated, weeds at bay, and moisture in place during dry spells. Before you go out and buy a bunch of bags, make sure you’ll be able to get all of the benefits in your planting zone.
Red, black, and brown mulch is available from a variety of brands at Ace Hardware, including Americas Choice, ACE, Scotts, and Timberline. There are also a variety of forms available, including bark, straw, rubber, pellets, nuggets, and flakes.
String lights are commonly used to decorate for the winter holidays, and Ace Hardware has everything you need for both indoor and outdoor décor. The hardware store not only has longer strands of lights than other stores, but it also has a larger assortment. For example, at the time of writing, there were over 90 different Ace Hardware Christmas light selections.